Jill Bernstein has been a creative communications professional in New York and Washington, DC for more than 20 years with an emphasis on her lifelong passions: books and the arts. She launched her own business in 2004 to work with a broad spectrum of clients and to offer the expertise of a large firm with personal, one-on-one service.
Jill received a B.A. in communications from American University and studied international film at the University of Copenhagen. She worked full-time as a copywriter at Simon & Schuster, a writer-editor at American University Publications, marketing manager at The Brookings Institution Press, and as the first executive director of the Avalon Theatre Project.
In her publishing jobs, Jill worked on marketing campaigns for such diverse authors as Mary Higgins Clark, Jack Nicklaus, Wade Davis, Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne, economist Alice Rivlin, education writer Diane Ravitch, foreign policy expert Richard Haass, and former Secretary of Defense William J. Perry. At the Avalon, she handled all PR and marketing and developed the first Washington DC Student Film Festival, film programs for children and seniors, and dozens of community events and special presentations with filmmakers.
Since starting her own firm, Jill has worked on a wide range of projects, including sold-out literary events for Pulitzer Prize winners Toni Morrison, David McCullough, Ron Chernow, Geraldine Brooks, and Tony Horwitz; bestselling authors Walter Isaacson and Nora Ephron; former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright; comedian Harry Shearer; and many others. Her current and recent clients include:
- Jacob Kainen Art Trust
- Hay-Adams (Hotel and Author Series)
- Widmeyer Communications (Nestlé)
- GALA Hispanic Theatre
- Dina Gold, Stolen Legacy
- Sophie Cook, Anna & Elizabeth: A Novel
- Herbert Murray, Standing Tall in Times Square
- Washington DCJCC Jewish Literary Festival
- Latin American Youth Center
- Porter Novelli
- Frank de Caro, Stories of Our Lives: Memory, History, Narrative
- Susannah Joel Glusker, Avant-Garde Art & Artists in Mexico
- Peter Cookson, Class Rules: Exposing Inequality in American High Schools and Sacred Trust: A Children’s Education Bill of Rights
- Deb Garraway, Brilliance MultiMedia and author, Choose Him
- Mary van de Wiel, “Zing Your Brand” and NY Brand Lab Radio
- Moment Magazine
- National 4-H Council
- TW Perry
- Figure A Design
- KDS, Inc.
- CMTS, Inc. (DC Department of Transportation)
- MW Financial, Inc.
- The Robert Bobb Group
- Ground Control Landscape Services
- Del Merei Grille
- The Washington Home & Hospices (pro bono)
Jill loves collaborating with creative and talented people while developing the most effective message and outreach for each project. CONTACT JILL if you would like to learn more.